Happy first day of summer! Even though it’s felt like summer for months now in Miami, it’s always a little invigorating when a new season officially begins. And since not much really changes from spring to summer in Miami, I do like to make lists and think of activities to do during the summertime to really embrace a change. Sharing my 5 fun summer goals later int the post!
SHOP MY LOOK
I’ve never been a big fan of front-tie tops because I’m a french tuck or all the way tucked in gal when it comes to shirts. When I came across this leopard one though, I thought it was too cute to pass up. I immediately thought to pair it with my high-waisted distressed denim shorts and I’m here for the look!
Finished off the look with my trusty espadrille flat forms that are surprisingly still in stock, considering they’re usually sold out!
And now for what I’m hoping to do and enjoy this summer!
5 Fun Summer Goals
1. Eat outdoors more! The sad fact is that more days than not, it’s actually too hot here in Miami to eat comfortably outdoors. However, on cooler days I’m really hoping to take a few trips to parks or by the water and enjoy some cold drinks and finger foods on a blanket or picnic table. Eating al fresco always makes me so happy.
2. Host a few pool and grill get-togethers for my friends and family. A sunny day, pitchers of margaritas and sweet tea, burgers and weenies and of course cooling off in the pool always makes for a perfect summer day.
3. Cook more weekend brunches. Just like 99% of the population, I too love brunch. I’ve been cooking it at home more often lately and have really been enjoying it! I’ve mastered a few recipes already that I can now whip up in a snap and it’s really fun to try out new ones because BRUNCH FOOD IS HE BEST FOOD.
4. I’ve been wanting to try out kickboxing for a while now and I’m hoping to do so before the summer ends. It look like fun and like it’ll be a good stress release too 😉
5. I’m always a reading a book, but the last 2 months I’ve slowed down a lot. I’ve found that I’m really most mentally stimulated when I’m going through a few books a month and reading on my leisure time. So, I want to get back to reading at least 2 books a month this summer. With this I will also start that book club/review situation I had polled about on my Instagram!
Do you have summer to-do list? Anything fun you planned this season?